Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jigokudani Yaen-Koen in the Wet Season (Part 1)

Japanese Macaque

Jigokudani Yaen-Koen, Nagano, Japan

June 10, 2012

As if it wasn't wet enough for our for visit back in March, we headed back to Jigokudani Yaen-Koen for the official start of the rainy season, (this past weekend).

Actually it was raining steadily but fairly gently compared to our first visit and the light was a bit better. It's interesting to see the place with different colours. I took pictures quickly as I juggled my camera and umbrella, eventually becoming frustrated and discarding the latter. My camera got a bit wet and I got a bit scared when I tried to change aperture settings and got an "error" message but it seems to have survived. 

It was our biggest adventure for a while so I'll make a couple of posts with the images we got....more to come in a few days..